Monday, October 17, 2005

good night, and good luck

As I emptied out my handbag this morning I came across the hot cup band from around the Primo cappuccino I had at Penn Station Saturday night. I read it while waiting for the train (well, I'd read the Met Museum Lecture Schedule, didn't want to buy another magazine, and I had 20 minutes to kill). It was an ad for the movie opening, and bore this quote from Edward R. Murrow:

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another.

We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men--not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

--Edward R. Murrow

Well said, Ed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Tweet