Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Sister's Garden (and Birthday)

Posted by Picasa


Spent a couple of days in East Northport, celebrating my sister's 70th birthday. We started out at a tour of the Vanderbilt Museum with my two nieces, 5 grandchildren, and a visiting cousin. It's always interesting to get a kid's take on shrunken heads, stuffed birds and animals, marine fossils and an Egyptian mummy. We also saw a laser show in the Planetarium, but it had nothing to do with the planets...just laser animations timed to music from Broadway musicals, movies, etc. The kids range in age from 11 down to 3, and the older kids were disappointed...they thought they'd learn more about the stars and planets (a family of nerds...thank goodness!). Then my sister, her two daughters and I had fun at dinner that evening. I spent some time in her lovely little garden, and took a bunch of flower photos, along with those of some very busy bumblebees.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Tweet