Saturday, July 28, 2007

Playing With Pastels

I spent every day, Monday through Thursday, from 10 am to 4 pm, playing with pastels in Bill Cammon's workshop at the museum. Considering this was the first time I'd tried that medium, it was fun! I managed to do 11 pieces (mostly unfinished), but the good/bad thing about pastels is that you can keep on re-working them. We had several still life set-ups and 2 afternoon portrait sessions with a live model. Perhaps I'll incorporate pastels in mixed media...along with oil pastels and watercolor. The materials (paper, pastels and framing) are even more expensive than watercolor, and certainly create a lot more mess. Not the kind of thing I can work on at the coffee table in the living room and definitely not with the fan blowing back and forth. Still no central air at the building..maybe for Labor Day??


Unfinished Still Life
My first attempt at pastels
Work in progress
The least worked over..and I think it's done!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Tweet