Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Egg(s) and I

Some things never change...I still can't crack an egg without breaking the yolk! Not good, when you are trying to use a separated whole egg for the 13th century art of egg tempera painting! A really fun and interesting class at the Newark Museum with artist Judy Negron and two other students. Using pigments and egg yolk with a bit of vinegar makes the most striking colors, and exciting glazes. Oh, no...more art supplies to buy and find a place for.
Experiment #1

"Eggs Tempera"
or should I call it "Eggs Tempura?" One of the other students said the painting had a "Japanese" look!

Experiment #2

#4 - Based on a very small watercolor I brought with me.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Tweet