Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bard College - Hessel Museum

The Friends of American Art had a great day trip to Bard College...both the inaugural show at the Hessel Museum, and a tour of architect Frank Gehry's Performing Arts Center. The day began with a delicious lunch at Gigi's Market in Red Hook.

This photo has works by two of my favorite contemporary artists...the light bulb curtain by Felix Gonzalez-Torres and the wall painting by Sol LeWitt.




This next photo is by an artist whose name I forgot to note. It was part of a series in which people were placed in geometric forms...along the arc of a circle, or as in this one, inside a rectangle. What struck me was the similarity of this photo with one I took on the Danube River trip last September. It was a candid shot of someone reading in an alley way. The posture, the brick path, etc. Of course, my photo was a "series" of one...or maybe not. I'll have to go back and look at some of the others. If I had Photoshop, I could dispose of the giant daisy growing out of his head, but I think it's an interesting touch!

I also took some exterior and interior photos of the Frank Gehry designed Peforming Arts Center. Since they are mostly black & white...I'll post them on "Black & White Only." Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Priceline Rental Car Coupon
Tweet